6R BCM Update

• Hallo,
    I changed BMC from 6R0 937 086H S0230 H46 to 7H0 937 089F /Z2Q HH50 S0254. I made the codings via Vagcom. Everything works
    fine except interior lights. I am getting Terminal 30G error. I did everything but I couldn't fix the error and all interior lights still doesn't working. Does anyone have an idea to fix this?

Ich wechselte von BMC 6R0 937 086H S0230 H46 7H0 937 089F HH50 S0254. Ich habe die Codierungen über Vagcom. Alles funktioniert
    Ordnung, außer Innenraumbeleuchtung. Ich bekomme Klemme 30G Fehler. Ich tat alles, aber ich konnte nicht den Fehler beheben und alle inneren
    Lichter immer noch nicht funktioniert. Hat jemand eine Idee, um dieses Problem zu beheben?

Thanks.
    (Sorry for English. I dont know German, but translated by Google)

Log:
    03434 - Output for Terminal 30G Interior Lights
    007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00100111
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 118
    Time Indication: 0"

• English is fine.

Seems to be that terminal 30g had been shortened to ground. Did you change anything on wiring? Cabling at BCM is very short. Probably you had pulled out one of the wires out of it's socket on BCM plug.

Terminal 30g is socket A pin 65 on BCM, wire is red/black. It's for interior light and luggage compartment. Check those.

Anfragen bitte ins Forum, nicht per PM, Mail, ICQ o.ä. So haben alle was davon und alle können helfen. Entsprechende Anfragen werden ignoriert. Für Schäden und Folgeschäden an Sachgegenständen und/oder Personen übernehme ich keine Haftung. Alle einschlägigen Vorschriften sind zu beachten, insbesondere die Sicherheitsvorschriften. Im Zweifelsfalle grundsätzlich einen Fachmann fragen bzw. die Arbeiten von einer Fachfirma ausführen lassen.

• I think, I am forgetting or coding something wrong by Vagcom

I don't think so. VCDS reports failure as intermittent. You may erase failure and check if it returns. Where you got new BCM from? Might be that failure is in BCM itself.

I checked 7H0 937 089F Z2Q. It is used on Transporter T5 only. This BCM is control unit for convenience system, gateway; and onboard power supply; PR: 7Y0 + 8EC, 8ED, 8EM, 8EN + 8TC, 8TD. From my understanding this one should work on Polo as well.

PR-Code is as following:
    [table='PR-Code,Description'][*]7Y0[*]Without lane change assistant
    [*]8EC[*]Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp, for driving on the left
    [*]8ED[*]Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp, for driving on the right
    [*]8EM[*]Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp and fixed bending light, for driving on the left
    [*]8EN[*]Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp and fixed bending light, for driving on the right
    [*]8TC[*]Rear fog light for driving on the right
    [*]8TD[*]Rear fog light for driving on the left[/table]

Factory coding for Polo 6R BCM 7H0 937 089 F H50 0254 (so this is same as yours) Revision BS050001 is as follows:

• Coding: 24B02BBF08A10000003808916E2B0DD15AC0672F60051041200000010000

Sorry, don't have Z-Code for this one. Can you please report your present BCM coding?

Anfragen bitte ins Forum, nicht per PM, Mail, ICQ o.ä. So haben alle was davon und alle können helfen. Entsprechende Anfragen werden ignoriert. Für Schäden und Folgeschäden an Sachgegenständen und/oder Personen übernehme ich keine Haftung. Alle einschlägigen Vorschriften sind zu beachten, insbesondere die Sicherheitsvorschriften. Im Zweifelsfalle grundsätzlich einen Fachmann fragen bzw. die Arbeiten von einer Fachfirma ausführen lassen.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Vanagaudi ()

• Thanks for the factory coding. I just tried but still interior lights (Front and rear reading lights, wootwell lights) doesn't working. I bought BCM from ebay.
    I know 7H0 937 089F works on Polo. I read someone had same problem with remote key coding. He had fixed but he dosen't say how. My remote key coding is OK. Here are the logs with factory coding and after coding with the configuration for my cars. (Without Fog light, MF Steering wheel. I also disabled all lamp diagnostics) With the factory coding fault cahanged to :

03080 - Activation for interior lights
    006 - Short to Plus
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100110
    Reset counter: 125
    Mileage: 37799 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2026.14.13
    Time: 00:44:03

This fautl occurs after erasing DTC several times. So I installed the old BCM and interior lambs working again. By this way I am sure that relays, fuses and lamps are not out of order. I am attaching the logs.

• I had decoded your BCM settings, please see PDF docs attached. You should update your VCDS. Current version is 11.11.6. There had been some changes on the label files for Polo control units. Please note that actual lamp diagnostic settings are revers from that setting reported by VCDS. You may verify this and report.

It is true that 7H0 937 089 F BCMs are working on Polo, but there are tens of different versions of this BCM. Your BCM ending with Z2Q is listed for T5 only. For Polo 6R following Z-Codes are listed: Z3B, Z2C, Z33, Z2D, Z2E, Z34, Z2F, Z2G, Z35, Z2H, Z2J, Z36

I assume that your ...089F BCM does have a defect. There is a minor chance that terminal 30g has different circuit dimensioning for T5, but I don't think so as there is a wide range of different kind of lamps which could be connected on same BCM.

About your second failure "03080 - Activation for interior lights 006 - Short to Plus" I would like to consult my circuit diagrams for T5. I will send my result later as I don't have those diagram available now. It could be the case that interior light activation in T5 is different from Polo 6R. Probably one of the "Unknown" bits is responsible for this.

• Hi,

I compared interior lights wiring diagrams of 2011 and 2012 comfortlines. There is only one small modification. The earth connection of Rear centre reading light (W44) changed from line A61, A86 to line 135. But I dont think that this is the reason of my problem. Because Line 135 is common earth line for some other components like Cigarette lighter, Cigarette lighter illumination bulb and signal switch which are working. Here is a summary of int. lights wiring.

If you follow line 135 at pdf file, it is connecting to line 208 at the picture.

Line 208.png

• On the other hand I looked int. lights wiring of T5. It is more complicated than 6R. The most important difference that caught my attention is there are more than one wiring types for the int. lights. But I couldnt find a way out. Any ideas?

Fuse explanations

-SC17- Terminal 30 and 30G
    Onboard supply control unit -J519- (T73/66)
    Interior light and luggage compartment light
    Interior monitor deactivation switch -E183-
    Automatic anti-dazzle interior mirror -Y7-

-SC24- Terminal 30
    Interior light and luggage compartment light

-SB7- Terminal 30
    Onboard supply control unit -J519- (T73a/66)

• You checked the output for interior light, and from where it had been supplied with +12V. But your problem "03080 - Activation for interior lights 006 - Short to Plus" is related to the interior light driving signal. Therefore you need to check the door switches. Usually they connect line to ground when door is opened. You should get an indication in instrument cluster in case ignition is switched on, and interior light should light up.

In your wiring diagram there is something missing. Connector A4 of BCM is called "TK" which is "Türkontakt" = "Door switch". The common line A29 should be connected to ground in case one of the doors (except rear hatch) will be opened.

For your other problem "03434 - Output for Terminal 30G Interior Lights 007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent" you're on the right track. But did this failure code return after clearing?

Be carefull with your wiring diagrams. They are looking official, but there is an error I found already. In this picture the steering column switch is connected to CAN data bus, but this isn't the case in Polo 6R. Probaly this connection is related to the steering angle sensor which is connected to CAN data bus, but this sensor isn't mentioned in the diagram.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Vanagaudi ()

• Firstly "03434 - Output for Terminal 30G Interior Lights 007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent" is done. I don't know how but I didn't get this error after clearing.

But I am still in trouble with the interior light and can't solve "03080 - Activation for interior lights 006 - Short to Plus". I get "Door open indication" in instrument cluster with every door. I tried one by one. So BCM gets the door open signal. I checked the line connected to A4TK (Line A29) is never connected to ground. Like Polo also at T5 drawings, lines connected to A4TK (A144, B264 and B129) aren't connected to ground too. At Polo, int. lights connected to ground by lines 61,86,98,80,128.

I checked the voltage of front center reading light connector. There are 3 pins. Pins are T3am1(Black), T3am2(Red/Black) and T3am3(Brown/Black). I noticed that pins 3 and 1 is (-), 2 is (+). Here are the results;

BCM 086H
    Pin 1--12,41v--2--12,65v--3

BCM 089F
    Pin 1--9,90v--2--11,74v--3

When I close the door the voltage between pin 1 and 2 goes to 0v slowly with 86H. But with 89F the vlotage between to pins never changes.
    Also according to wiring diagrams Pin 1 is connected to A4TK (Line A29), maybe A4 internally grounded by BCM.

So I am still in trouble with 89F. ?(

• Hi deniz!
    Know this thread is old...
    Have you ever solved your problem ? I am asking, because I have exactly the same. I changed the BCM from 6R0937086H to 7H0937089F in my Polo. So far everything is working very well. Except the interior lights (front and back) :-/ In VCDS I get an error message 01100110 - always, when I open a door.

Just thinking about buying the interior light from the car I got the BCM from. Have you ever tried this to solve the problem ?

Thanks a lot
    Jörn

• hello,

is the problem solved? i have the same problem and don't no what to do.

sorry for my english.

can someone help me please?????

• Hello
    I am writing to all of you who had a problem with interioir lights:
    03080 - Activation for interior lights
    006 - Short to Plus
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100110
    Reset counter: 125
    Mileage: 37799 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2026.14.13
    Time: 00:44:03

I have solved the problem after replacing the BCM 6R0 937 086 M on 7H0 937 089 D with adding the pins in BCM - nr T73A/63 (black socket) and T73B/68 (white socket) and connected to + 12 V via fuse box according to the wiring diagram i found on the forum Bi-Xenonscheinwerfer nachrüsten . You don't have to change wirers for interior and footwell lights at all. By the way my question is; the ETKA reports that 7H0937089D supports Xenon and LED TFL but everybody uses 7H0937089F, Has anybody used 7H0937089D for Xenons sofar ?

• Hello Guys,
    I am new on this forum and i am not so good with my german language sow i tried it in english.

I swaped my BCM from 6R0937087K to 7H0937089F in my Polo 6R from 2012 everything seems te be in order save for 2 things.First off my instrument cluster display indicates that rear reverselight dos not work but it works just fine so the instrument cluster display is wrong in VCDS i have tried to erase the error massage evendough the error is removed in VCDS the warning light still apears in my instrument cluster display.The other mailfunction is my corneringlights do not seem to work while the workt fine in my previous BCM on VCDS indicates that the work currectly but the don't when i put on the foglights they funtion properlyYou guys have any tips or any idea's how to solve thisMuch apriciated,