H7 Scheinwerfer Nachrüsten im Trendline mit H4 möglich??

• Hi Claus,

Where did you get this information from and are there other options known for Byte 18 in a Polo 6R with a 6R0 937 088 F ? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco

• Hi Marco,

Sorry for the late delay - I'm not visiting the forum on a daily basis.

Ok, to put the short story a bit longer...

Based on BCM coding from more Polo 6R BCMs, collected by a danish supplier of VCDS, I managed to trace down the different codings of byte 18. By comparing byte 18 coding from more Polo 6R Trendlines, Comfortlines and Highlines it was actually a fairly simple logical 'calculation' to point out the the specific bit for the H4-H7/H7 coding. Gathering the basic knowledge of which cars equipped with which type of headlights was actually the largest task :D

Quite simple Brute Force. Sorry, but I have no deep inside access to informations on the byte 18 coding.

Kind regards

Claus

• Based on BCM coding from more Polo 6R BCMs, collected by a danish supplier of VCDS, I managed to trace down the different codings of byte 18. By comparing byte 18 coding from more Polo 6R Trendlines, Comfortlines and Highlines it was actually a fairly simple logical 'calculation' to point out the the specific bit for the H4-H7/H7 coding. Gathering the basic knowledge of which cars equipped with which type of headlights was actually the largest task

Hi Claus,

Do you have this info online ? Or want to share ?
    I'm looking for the info to use Xenon on my Bluemotion. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco

• Hi Marco,

I don't have the information online for fitting/coding H4-H7/H7. It's not in a state ready for publication.

Regarding Xenon on the 6R there seems to be a lot of information available out there. (Wonder why ^^ )

Byte 18 and 23 seems the two bytes to recode...

Byte 18 to recode from 61 to 41.
    Recoding byte 23 depends on requirements for the daytime running light

/Claus

• Hallo, ich habe mich hier angemeldet weil ich hoffe ihr könnt mir weiter helfen.

Ich habe mir im November einen Style gekauft, leider habe ich die 800€ nicht für Xenon investiert und mich hat auch keiner vor den Trendline Scheinwerfern gewarnt, die dort verbaut wurden -.- Jetzt ärgere mich seit dem sehr darüber. Die H4 Lampen leuchten ca. genauso Hell wie wenn man 2 Kerzen vorne reinstellt. Ich wollte erst Xenon nachrüsten, doch das ist mir echt zu teuer wenn ich das von VW machen lases und selber mag ich mich mit der Niveauregulierung nicht rumärgern.

Nach einiger Zeit bin ich auf die schwarzen Dayline Scheinwerfer gestossen und will sie unbedingt haben. Nun meine Fragen:

Hat mitlerweile irgendjemand eine Idee das Problem mit dem ausgehendem Abbledlicht bei Aufblendlicht aus dem Weg zu räumen?
    Sind die neuen Modelle CanBus gesteuert?
    und leuchten bei der Schalterstellung "aus", quasie Dauerfahrlicht nur die LED´s oder auch die H7 Birnen mit?

• Hmm ok das Modul gewährleistet mir das die LEDs gleich angehen aber das schaltet nicht das Dauerfahrlicht aus welches in Form von H7 Birne leuchtet. Oder kann man sich vom Freundlichem das Dauerfahrlicht einfach auaschalten lassen? Ist doch sicher nur eine Softwaresache oder?

• Hmm ok das Modul gewährleistet mir das die LEDs gleich angehen aber das schaltet nicht das Dauerfahrlicht aus welches in Form von H7 Birne leuchtet. Oder kann man sich vom Freundlichem das Dauerfahrlicht einfach auaschalten lassen? Ist doch sicher nur eine Softwaresache oder?

You can disable DRL with VCDS, this probable won't effect the separate module.
    Set Byte 23, bit 6 to disabled "Daytime Running Light (DRL)" active

• Moin,
    Danke Claus nach Denmark
    Ich sitze gerade in Bjerregard am Strand und feier das die Programmierung wirklich funktioniert und schau in den Sonnenuntergang.
    Hast noch mehr Tipps was man beim Polo so alles programmieren kann?
    Gruß Nabot (Leif)

• Hi Leif,

Even though it a bit outside the scope of this H4/H7 thread:

* The reading of the fuel consumption in the MFA can be changed from L/100km to km/L

* The MFA language can be changed

* Acoustic seat belt warning can be disabled

* Number of turn light flashes by high way lane change can be altered

* And maybe the most important: The mentioned BCM support remote controlled central door locking (Even though the authorised dealer says it not possible... Ohh mann, we were arguing :pinch: )

- And pure coding for supporting the Dayline headlights / LED's is also possible ;)

Best regards

Claus

• You can disable DRL with VCDS, this probable won't effect the separate module.
    Set Byte 23, bit 6 to disabled "Daytime Running Light (DRL)" active

Bist du dir sicher dass das bei ALLEN funktioniert? Meine in einem anderen Forum gelesen zu haben dass das bei neueren Modellen nicht mehr geht

• Bist du dir sicher dass das bei ALLEN funktioniert? Meine in einem anderen Forum gelesen zu haben dass das bei neueren Modellen nicht mehr geht

On my 2012 Polo (with the newest BCM 088F) I coded with VCDS the possibility to manually disable the DRL like it was described in the manual.
    When I disabeled it with the handle and contact, the bit I mentioned automatically became disabled.

So yes it should work on the newest models. When not directly in VCDS, you can try the manual method I did.

• You have a BlueMotion Polo.

Polo's without Blue Motion has an other (older) light control and other control device.
    Like the low beam (Abblendlicht): At the normal Polo, it is not controlled of the BCM, but at the Blue Motion it is!

Because of this, if it works on your 2012 Blue Motion it don't have to mean it works on a normal 2012 Polo!

• Greetings,

You have a BlueMotion Polo.

Polo's without Blue Motion has an other (older) light control and other control device.
    Like the low beam (Abblendlicht): At the normal Polo, it is not controlled of the BCM, but at the Blue Motion it is!

Because of this, if it works on your 2012 Blue Motion it don't have to mean it works on a normal 2012 Polo!

I'm not really sure if this is directed to me, but I'll answer:

As far as I can see, every Polo 6R is equipped with a BCM, which i.a. control the high power for the headlights. The light switch is still represented in the car car, but is only used for controlling low power signalling to the BCM. I'm not able to find any Polo 6R not equipped wth a BCM controlling low and high beams.

We fully agree that the newer BCM's are equipped with more functionalities, for instance the remote controlled central door locking.

Back here in Denmark the most common Polo 6R, the 'normal one', is the Blue Motion due to taxing.

Best Regards

Claus