Retali's vw polo 6R Tsi **Update 18/03/15 with Pics (Rns, R-line spoilers,Gummimatten)**

• Hi,

First of all forgive me for the usage of English but i dont know German, havent spoken them for the last 15 years. I hope you can tolerate this.

Three months ago i decided that it was about time to move on from my previous most beautifull polo 6N.

When 6R came out in 2009 i immediately fell in love with it. In my eyes it was the righteous successor of the 6N by the standar of looks.

So i bought a used vw polo 6R TSI Highline 1.2 lt with 105 horsepower. Colour pepper grey.

The previous owenr already has done some modifications on it. He had installed the OZ Racing Turismo alloys + has installed
    the GTI upper honey comb grill. Here are the rims :
    IMAG0090.jpg

What i've managed to do in 3 months are the following. I have wraped with 3M scotchprint Gloss black vinyl the Red trim of the GTI grill and the
    chrome trim from the Highline lower grill. Sadly i broke right in the middle the chrome trim while trying to pry it out. To everyone's warning it's too delicate
    so you need to be extra carefull while trying to pry it out. I am not really fond of the looks of the gloss black although i did a good job with it.
    To complete the black out look, i bought from the internet two gloss black VW emblems...not really satsified with the quality of the front badge, since
    it turned out red from the heat of the engine (made in china) :thumbup:

The result is the following:IMAG0088.jpgIMAG0089.jpg
    + the rear emblem :IMAG0087.jpg

I bought from ebay a GT Speedometer and GT Gear knob, i've installed the Shift knob (but still need an oetiker one ear clamp ring to secure it)
    I havent installed the tacho yet, maybe i'll do it this week hopefully....

IMAG0064.jpgIMAG0073.jpg

Also as far as the interior is concerned i have wrapped with the same gloss black vinyl the door handles and the upper thingy of the interior light, again not
    100% satisfied with the quality of the vinyl, it tends to show all dirt and it's not 100% gloss like glass it has those small tiny holes like breathing holes,
    i have wrapped them two times in order to perfect them

IMAG0076.jpgIMAG0075.jpgIMAG0074.jpg
    Also wrapped with some 3m Di noc carbon (bought it & used it some years ago for my 6N) the dashboard but i'll change it in the near future.

IMAG0078.jpg

So for my future plans are these :

• Change leather highline steering wheel with a T5 non multifunctional one (dont know what to do with the airbag)

• Change the antenna with a bee sting one

• Change 310rcd with 510Rns (maybe not sure about it )

• Install a rear camera (maybe not sure about it ^^ )

• Change the interior foil to something better looking

• Change the exterior trim foil to something better looking

• Add some stickers

ps: cant lower the car because of the road quality here, if i lower it i am asking for trouble...

Thanx a lot and i would be gratefull for any additionall ideas, information etc !

ps 2 : Sorry for the not so clean interior/exterior but i havent found time to clean the car properly (properly=4-5 hours) for the last two weeks.
    I promise to upload new ones when it's clean ! Also a whole photo of the car :P

• Thank you guys for the nice guys!

So here it's where the car is right now, as i have already said i was thinking to change the carbon fiber viny (D-noc) of the dashboard, so i did change it with a 1080 brushed version,
    i wanted the Brushed Steel version but instead i bought the Brushed Aluminum version, i bought it because BOTH of them share the same code BR201, so it's just one....
    i wanted to the sheet to be a little bit darker, like gunmetal for example..But it is what it is.... I am not 100% satisfied with the result, as far as looks is concerned...but against sunlight
    the Aluminum really shows off ! I will work with the door handle in about an hour...

As far as work is concerned, i removed aswell the center ventilation system by removing the rcd310 and so on, the 1080 is really a piece of cake to use and REALLY forgivable on corners, if you have worked
    with Di-noc, 1080 series is going to be a piece of cake.

IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1039.JPG IMG_1041.JPG

Some minor updates now, Aluringe for mirrors' joystick / light's switch and some stickers :P
    IMG_1038.JPGIMG_1042.JPGIMG_1043.JPG

Some whole photos as i promised (i havent washed it for a week)

IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1053.JPG

Now let's get down to the problems

1st one, i noticed some dents-holes off the layer of the tailights, at first it was really small, but after some washes with my Karcher machine, i noticed them getting bigger.
    To be honest i dont know if that tailights are the original black vw tailights or they are the normal ones that have been sprayed with Plasti dip from the previous owner.
    I dont really know what to do with this problem and any suggestion would be great, i was thinking of spraying it with some kind of clear coat but i dont really know, if someone has something specific on his mind
    i would be gratefull to follow your advice. Here is the pic .

• Next problem has to do with the original tailpipe that i bought for 85 (45 the exhaust and 40 the postal costs...) Euro from the known German online store/supplier of original vw parts.

The tailpipe arrived in pristine condition, i was so excited at first.

But it's not in any way COMPATIBLE with the 1.2 tsi exhaust tip.

First of all, as far as looks are concerned the tailpipe doesnt socket 100% on the car's tip, here's the pic

IMG_1046.JPG

But the most important problem is that the neck of the car's exhaust is too thin, so the tailpipe doesnt have enough diameter to lock on.

IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1047.JPG

As anyone can understand the LockClip couldnt safely lock on, because the space between the tailpipe's neck and the Car's exhaust neck (as shown with Red lines in my photos) was too big.

So while trying to lock it, from trying to hard - because i didnt want the tailpipe to go off and become a lethal projectil in the autobahn lol -it broke off.
    IMG_1045 copy.jpg

Has anyone, any suggestion ? Did i do something wrong in the first place ?

The clip ring is useless now, but the tailpipe its not, do you have any idea on what i could do with it ?

I was thinking of welding it on the car's tip or something ! Any suggestions ?

And why in the first place that online store and probably the VW itself doesnt explain that this expensive tailpipe DOES NOT fit on the original exhaust ?

I am so angry right now. With some more money i could probably buy a good exhaust system....

• Try to weld the tailpipe-adapter by making a few small welding points. I think you won't change it again.
    If it's done right, you needn't worry about "having a bullet on the back of your car". :thumbup:

When talking about music and your sound system, look for another manufacturer than VW.
    I own a "Kenwood DNX-series radio", especially for Volkswagen cars. It's brilliant. And the sound is much better than one of the original RCD/RNS-xxx series pre-installed. --> See a picture of my radio in my profile attachment.

Here's the product details from my radio on kenwood website.
    And here's the latest model "DNX521DAB" from 2012 (DAB-tuner included).

greetings,
    vinschenz :thumbup:

• @ Roli thanx, i was not aware that these are not the original black edition tail lights.

I wont clean them because i am afraid that i will make a bigger mess ! I will try to find the original black ones.

@ vinschenz ,

Cool, i might go an weld it in the near future, that's what my father told me "GO WELD IT GODAMNIT" but i didnt hear him :rolleyes:

I am not thinking to change the RCD310 right now, i was thinking about buying an original RNS tho...
    BUT the Kenwood looks way more awesome and i am 100% sure it sounds better, i have own kendwood soundsystems
    and all were exceptional, i might go check them in the local dealer and see the prices.

Thanx guys for the answers ! :thumbup:

• Yesterday i finally managed to install the GT tachometer!

It looks awesome!

As far as foiling is concerned, i DO NOT suggest use the 3M Bushed Steel vinyl (BR201) on the dashboard and door handles.
    It doesnt look good in accordance with the colours of the 6r interior.

I've ordered the 1080 Carbon vinyl, when i get it and install it, i'll have photos posted before (brushed steel) and after (carbon look)
    so i can save some time and money from people who have been thinking to use them.

I'll have photos of the new tachometer posted aswell!

Super excited!!!

Take care guys (although not so many seem to care about my updates :P )

• Ok guys here is the update i promised a while back. Sorry for the weird like fear and loathing las vegas blurry pictures but i dont know what's wrong with the camera lol.

Here is the GT Tachometer which i love already lol @ the fewer klms !

IMG_1071.JPG

I bought yesterday some vw original LED license plate lights 63 euro X(
    BUT the light is far better than just ok, actually they are SO bright they light down the road (look at the photo).

IMG_1063.JPGIMG_1082.JPG

As i said in my previous post, i was not satisfied with the Brushed Steel vinyl on my dashboard and door handles, so i decided to change them to carbon fiber vinyl , i think CF vinyl out of 1)Brushed Steel 2)Gloss Black 3)CF DiNoc vinyls
    looks the BEST. Judge on your own :D

IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPGIMG_1079.JPGIMG_1077.JPGIMG_1078.JPG

• Most recent update, i have changed a couple of weeks ago my DRL and the Steering Wheel

I bought the DRL from a link a user posted in the Lights & Vision section, i am really satisfied with the result.
    The night photo is not really helpfull since there is a lot of moisture right now outside and since i dont know what the heck is wrong with my hand or my camera and everything seems shaken.

I bought the steering wheel from a Portuguese guy via Ebay, he was very friendly and i received the wheel in 7 days (through tracking i saw that the steering wheel went through Germany in 3 days)
    He has a variety of them, so if anyone is interested just ask.

I also hope you like the little modification i did with the vinyl on the aircondition's switch panel, adding some brushed steel on it to break the carbon monotony.

I hope next week to have some new updates considering the interior lights.

IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1090.JPG

• Hi,

pretty like your Updates. Steering wheel is fine of course. But a black/white RCD 310 or any other higher Radio-System ist missing. Was the first thing I changed in my Polo :)

Greets

You mean RCD 510 right ? Question for you, if i change it to an RNS 510 will it be easy like plug & play or would i need the proff. electricians help for decoding it ?
    I think i can install it myself, judging by the DIY picures.

• Well, you have installed the RCD 310. I meant the black/white RCD 310 or as you said the RCD or RNS 510. I'm not sure if you have to decode it, it depends on the car it was built in before but installing will be plug'n'play.

Have a nice Sunday :)

uh you meant the lettering the one with the white lettering and black screen instead of the blue one that i have now, well i dont really mind the blue screen but i would like an RNS 510 someday perhaps.

I have to find out about the decoding that it might need, if it has a keycode etc.

Thanx Mo, have a nice Sunday you too :thumbup:

• Ok, it's been a long time since i have updated my thread.

The newest updates, are the following.

Bought and placed the anthracite hinten lights.

Bought and installed myself and RNS 315 with integrated bluetooth, i just have to buy separately an oem microphone which i placed on destined place (lights on the ceiling). The only problem i have so far is that whenever i talk via microphone and turn off car, the instrument screen is "stack/frozen" on the Phone logo (with the density bars, telecommunication provider etc) that happens because the RNS 315/tachoinstrument(GT)/non MUFU steering wheel (all bought used) are not compatible with each other and probably needs some coding. I managed to solve this problem by myself if anyone shares the same problem, dont be afraid to ask for help.

I have bought some gummimatten, as u call them in German, i dont really like the color but it's better than nothing cause i hate scratches and they seem to work!

I have painted my mirror covers piano black ( never try to remove mirror covers without removing the mirror glass first, you will most certainly brake a clip or two, which sucks...1st remover mirror glass, then just unclip and pry off)

I have installed an R-Line spoilers set, i just painted the the plastic parts piano black aswell.

And i have placed some red/black R-line and R badges both front and back :P

I hope u like what u see, and if anyone knows please help me with my alloy search (alloys section, my thema)